Apply for a Property to Rent
Step 1: Find a property
First, search our available properties for one that suits your needs. Check that the property location is suitable. Is it close to schools, shops public transport?
Step 2: Book an inspection
Next, book an inspection through the contact form, by email or simply call us on 0408 293 966. If you are unable to inspect the property in person or send someone on your behalf, you will be required to submit the Site Unseen Form along with the Tenant Application.
Step 3: Submit your application
After viewing the property, you must complete a Rental Tenant Application using the form below.
You will need to attach:
Please fill this out in its entirety and then simply return to us through the form below, by emailing, post, in person at our office or at the inspection.
If you would prefer to complete the full application form by hand, you can download it here.
Fast track your application
Fast Track Your Application – What To Include
There are a few things Luxe Property Management Services requires from you to fast track your tenancy application.
- 100 points of ID, including at least one photo ID. These may include:
- 70 Points – Passport
- 70 Points – Birth Certificate
- 40 Points – Driver’s License/Proof of Age Card/Other Government issued Photo ID
- 25 Points – Motor Vehicle Registration Papers
- 25 Points – Two recent Pay Advices (mandatory)
- 25 Points – Copy of utility account (electricity/gas/phone) in your name
- 25 Points – Two rent receipts/tenant ledger from current rental
- 25 Points – Rates Notice
- 25 Points – Bank Statement.
Processing Your Application
Luxe Property Management Services will generally process your application within 48 hours and notify you if you have been successful. Our process includes contacting the referees nominated on your application, so make sure the contact details you provide are up to date. We will also:
- Check your identification to ensure that all details are correct
- Undertake a basic affordability test to make sure that the rent is within your means;
- Contact your employer to ensure your employment and income details are current and correct
- Check against a national tenancy database for any past discrepancies in rental payments or prior property damage
- Forward approved applications to the property owner for a final decision on which application to progress.
Once your application has been successful, we will ask you to come to our office to finalise all relevant paperwork and arrange collection of the keys and pay the bond and rent. Please allow 45 minutes for this appointment as we will need to explain all your tenancy details thoroughly.